National Arts in Education Week: Next week!
Every fall we partner with Americans for the Arts and other arts organizations across the country to celebrate National Arts in Education Week. This year, the dates are September 9-15.
We're excited to see Oklahomans participate and show their support of arts education! There are many ways you can get involved:
1. Celebrate: Come together with local and national organizations to celebrate the impact of arts education.
- Host an event to celebrate teachers and the arts in education. Use this resource to plan and share your event: Five Ways to Partner
- Find a local event to support or participate in.
2. Advocate: Sign up and sign on to advocate for arts education funding.
- Use the Arts Education Navigator to determine your role and find some possible action steps
- Sign this petition to Betsy DeVos, National Secretary of Education, asking her to support full funding for arts education.
- Send an op-ed to your local newspaper-- find a letter you can customize here.
- Talk to Candidates: Ask your legislative and other November candidates about their positions involving arts support. Here are some questions we asked candidates, and you can find the responses we got on this blog post.
3. Participate: Join in the social media campaign and share what arts education has done for you.
- #BecauseOfArtsEd Social Media Campaign- Share your stories on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter about how you have benefited from arts education. Be sure to include an image or video and use #ArtsEdWeek and #okarts.
- Tag your local and national arts advocacy organizations for more networking: @ok4arts and @Americans4Arts. We may even re-post some of the interesting stories we see!