SEE THESE ARTISTS CREATE AT OK ARTS DAY
Oklahoma Arts Day will fill the State Capitol with art in many forms on May 5, 2015.
Besides visiting and learning about 40+ community arts organizations, visitors can watch musical performances, participate in art projects and watch artists create.
Most of the day come to the 4th floor of the State Capitol to find the artists. Oklahoma Arts Day is free and open to the public.
Here are the confirmed artists:
Musical and Other Performances:
- Before the kickoff event starting at 8:30 am hear Buffalo Rogers by the entrance and ensembles from El Sistema on the 2nd floor.
- 10 am: Clifford Smith, Director of Choral Activities at Langston University
- 11 am:Gregory Jerome
- 12 pm: Violin duet of Gregory Lee & Ai-Wei Chang from the Oklahoma City Philharmonic (Presented by Arts Council OKC’s Art Moves)
- 1 pm: Jeff ShadleyJazz Combo
Capitol Art Tours: 10 am, 11 am, Noon, 1 pm
- Walking tours by State Art Collection Curator Clint Stone & Capitol Galleries Curator Alyson Atchison [meet by the grand staircase on South of 4thfloor]
Interactive Art: 10 am-2 pm
- Knitting Circle for 108 Contemporary (Tulsa) Statewide Community Project with lead artist Romy Owens (visitors welcome to join in)
- Ross Adams(OKC)- Painting
- Lisa Jean Allswede(Edmond)– Sewing
- Rodslen Brown-King(Fort Gibson) Cherokee Basketry
- Erin Cooper(OKC)- Painting
- Arsenios Corbishley(OKC)- Violin making
- Robert Entake (OKC)- Painting
- Jason Pawley(OKC)- Painting
- Kristen Vails(OKC)- Painting
- Short Order Poems(OKC)- get your own custom poem